GIS Mapping By Drone/UAV :
GIS Mapping By Drone/UAV
Following are the 10 of the many reasons to consider a UAV-based collection project:
- UAV flights provide eyes that can reach and hover above specific sites
- Equipped with sensors, they can measure, transmit and store data – quickly!
- Data can be used to produce or update topographic and hydrographic maps, volumetric calculations for stockpiles, and flood insurance maps, among other
- overhead perspective and 360° panoramas relay a real-time scenario.
- Data can be used and rendered in Esri’s ArcGIS online web service and integrated into ArcGIS (or other systems) for further processing
- Images are high resolution and serve a variety of users (and can be integrated into any enterprise GIS platform).
- Drones present no safety risk for the operator and eliminates risks to ground and air personnel
- Surveying firm McKim & Creed estimates a 60% cost savings using Esri’s Drone2Map over conventional survey techniques.
- UAS improved accountability, saved taxpayer money, did not disrupt construction operations
- Agencies and city managers can employ affordable orthophotography update projects, by flying and updating only the areas where change has like occurred rather than a costly update project that covers an entire region, territory, or county.
GIS Mapping by Drones or UAV is amazing technology and very helpful.